Join a Group
- Bridge Club - Eric Antilla, 604-883-2633.
- Harbourside Friendships - 604-883-2674.
- Seniors social club, meets Thursday mornings for activities, guest speakers, outings and lunch.
- Women’s Connection - Linda Pearson, 604-883-9313.
- Women’s social club, meets monthly for activities, guest speakers and outings.
Take in Live Music
- Annual music festivals
- Pender Harbour Blues Festival - June.
- Pender Harbour Chamber Music Festival - August.
- Hwy 101 Country Music & Rock Music Festival - September.
- Pender Harbour Jazz Festival - September.
- More live music events
- Concert Series - Hosted by the Pender Harbour Music Society; a variety of genres including classical, folk and ethnic.
- Jam Sessions - Sunday jams hosted by local musicians at Garden Bay Pub are a tradition in Pender Harbour.
- More - Watch for professional live entertainment and Karaoke nights at local establishments, and dances with live entertainment at the Pender Harbour Community Hall and Egmont Hall. Live music is a feature of most other festivals and major events in Pender Harbour.
Cheer for Your Team
School gyms and fields are well-used for sports, so it’s easy to take in a local game for some great action and entertainment.
- Pender Harbour Bananas - Our legendary adult men's soccer team started in the early 1970s with Sue Kammerle as coach and free Bic lighter “banana” t-shirts donated by Westersund’s Pharmacy. Yes, that's how they got their name. More recently, they won the 2010 Sunshine Coast league championship.
Try Your Luck
You can play government lotteries, pull tabs and scratch games at a variety of local outlets, but we encourage you to gamble with real people rather than against the BC Lottery Corp computer or some offshore system. Statistically, the more you play, the more you lose, and a “win” has nothing to do with bet return. If you bet $5 and get back only $1, that's considered a “win.” Offsite link >> Odds of Winning BC Lottery.
You may not win every time at Bingo, Crib, Texas Hold’em and Meat Draws, but your odds are better, you’re supporting local businesses and organizations, and most of the money you lose stays in the community.
- Bingo - Bingo Night is a Pender Harbour tradition and a fundraiser for the Pender Harbour Community Club. Join the regulars on Thursdays at the Pender Harbour Community Hall.
- Bridge - 604-883-9530 - Weekly duplicate games at Lily’s Lake Activity Centre.
- Cribbage - Weekly at the Lily’s Lake Activity Centre.
- Texas Hold’Em - Weekly tournaments at the Pender Harbour Legion.
- Meat Draws - Weekly at the Legion and Garden Bay Pub. The latter is a fundraiser for the Pender Harbour Blues Society.
- Cafes & Takeout
- Copper Sky Cafe - Madeira Park Road - Cindy Cantelon, 604-883-0096.
- Crossroad Grill - Hwy 101, Kleindale - Alfred & Ruth Lajlar, 604-883-9976.
- Java Docks - 12890 Madeira Park Road - Shelley Wharton, 604-883-0026.
- LaVerne's Grill - Garden Bay Road, Garden Bay - 604-883-1333.
- Triple-B Burgers - Madeira Park Shopping Centre - 604-883-9655.
- Harbour Pizza - Madeira Park - 604-883-2543.
- Restaurants - Licensed; reservations recommended.
- Clubhouse Restaurant - Pender Harbour Golf Course, 13823 Hwy 101, Kleindale - 604-883-9541.
- Garden Bay Restaurant - 4964 Lyons Rd, Garden Bay - Ron Johnson, 604-883-9919.
- Inlets Restaurant - 6649 Maple Road, Egmont - Paul & Patty Hansen, 604-883-3667.
- Painted Boat Restaurant - 12849 Lagoon Road, Madeira Park - 604-883-3000.
- Ruby Lake Restaurant - Hwy. 101, Ruby Lake - Cogrossi family, 604-883-2269.
- Backeddy Pub - Egmont. 604-883-3614.
- Garden Bay Pub - 4964 Lyons Rd, Garden Bay - Ron Johnston, 604-883-2674.
- Regular live entertainment, Friday meat draw, Sunday jam session.
- Offsite link >> Garden Bay Pub.
- Grasshopper Pub - 12671 Hwy. 101, Madeira Park - Bik Brar, 604-883-9013.
- Pender Harbour Legion - Madeira Park - 604-883-2235.
Top of Page //\\
Entertainment >> Join a Group | Take in Live Music | Cheer for your Team | Try Your Luck | Dining | Pubs.