4622 Beaumont Road, Irvine’s Landing - 604-883-9807.
- Profile - Over 100 rhododendron species and companion plants are displayed in a one-acre, lakeside setting at the home of Ron and Carla Knight. A retired biology professor, Ron Knight is past president of the Vancouver Rhododendron Society and a director for the BC division of the American Rhododendron Society.
- Garden tours can be booked April-September.
- Gardening-related workshops and courses are regularly offered.
- Events - Rhododendron Festival - May.
- Offsite link >> Caron Gardens.
Egmont Heritage Centre
6671 Egmont Road - 604-883-9994.
- Profile - Museum and gift shop.
- Schedule - Open 10-5 daily in summer / 11-4 til Thanksgiving, closed in January and February. Admission is $3 for adults and $1 for children.
- History - A project of the Egmont Heritage Society, the Egmont Heritage Centre opened in 2006.
- Offsite link >> Egmont Heritage Centre.
Iris Griffith Interpretive Centre
15386 Hwy. 101, Ruby Lake - 604-883-9201.
- Schedule - Open 10-4 daily in summer / 10-4 Saturday-Monday in winter.
- Activities - Walk interpretative trails and view displays related to nature and the environment; take in presentations, workshops and programs related to environmental conservation for adults and children.
- Events - Venue for the annual Mushroom Festival in October.
- History - The 2,500 sq. ft. Iris Griffith Interpretive Centre was built in 2005. It is managed by the Ruby Lake Lagoon Society.
- Offsite Link >> Ruby Lake Lagoon Society.
Pender Harbour Cultural Centre
Madeira Park Road, or a short walk up the stone stairs from Seafarer’s Park.
- Profile - The Pender Harbour Reading Centre, Pender Harbour Music School/Performance Centre, Serendipity Playschool and Harbour Artists’ Gallery enjoy tenancy overlooking Seafarer’s Park for $1 a year through the SCRD Parks Dept. All but the Harbour Gallery are operated by non-profit organizations.
- History - In 1987, the SCRD bought this property and the several old wood-framed buildings, including the ranger’s home, from the Forestry Dept. after its offices in Madeira Park were closed. The buildings were renovated and the property landscaped to form the Pender Harbour Cultural Center.
Top of Page //\\
Attractions >> Caron Gardens | Egmont Heritage Centre | Iris Griffith Interpretive Centre | Pender Harbour Cultural Centre.